This is the website for the Friends of the Bury St. Edmunds County Music School. Here you can find details of what the Music School does and what we do. Click on the links in the Menu bar above or on the right to find out more.
The Friends support the local West Suffolk Youth Music activities of Suffolk County Council Music Service. For details of all West Suffolk Youth Music services, see the Suffolk Music Education Hub Website.
Activities our students take part in include:
- Saturday Morning Music School – Choir, String, Wind, Jazz and Full Orchestra ensembles for students up to Grade 4/5 standard
- Friday Night West – Wind and Full orchestras for more experienced players
- Tuesday Night – Guitar ensemble and Jazz group for more experienced players
- Concerts given by members of the Music School
- Other special events, such as workshops and concert trips, some of which are funded by the Friends from the proceeds of our fundraising activities.
Our volunteers run tuckshops on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings, provide stewards, sell programmes and refreshments at concerts and generally help out at Bury St. Edmunds County Music School events. All the money we raise goes towards funding activities, workshops for the young musicians and days out to see professional orchestras in action.
We are always in need of new parent helpers; we need new tuck shop volunteers to help out once a term to plus new committee members to attend termly meetings and assist during concerts and events.
If you are interested in volunteering please use our online Tuckshop Volunteer Form. Alternatively speak to any of our tuck shop, committee members or West Suffolk Music Centre staff for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site is managed by The Friends of Bury St Edmunds County Music School and its purpose is to supply practical information to the families of pupils attending the music school. The site is not under the control or regulation of Suffolk County Music Service.